ASIFA-Hollywood and the Animation Educators Forum is proud to introduce ASIFA-Hollywood’s Animation Educators Forum Scholarship Fund. This year, we are excited to announce a scholarship pool of up to $30,000.
Our scholarships are merit-based awards designed to support college students in continuing their education in the field of animation. Proposals will be accepted for undergraduate student entering their second year and above, and for graduate students. Awards may range from $2,500 to $5,000 and be applied to:
- books and supplies
- animation hardware or software
- senior or graduate thesis production
All scholarship award winners will also receive a 1-year associate membership to ASIFA-Hollywood. We will be accepting applications for academic year 2015-16 starting in mid-May at our online application site. Applications from international students are welcome. Application material will include:
- A short biography describing your experience as an animation major. This could include why you chose animation, a course or teacher that has been meaningful to you, your participation in your school’s animation club, and any animation-related internship or work experience that you have had,
- a 2-page proposal for the scholarship describing how you will use the award and how that will benefit the student’s goals in animation,
- an animation reel (1-6 minutes) and/or 10 pieces of still art demonstrating your strengths and/or artistic breadth,
- and two letters of recommendation, one from a faculty adviser and one from a member of any ASIFA chapter. (If your faculty adviser is also a member of ASIFA, please choose another faculty member from your school for your second recommendation letter.)
Applications are due by June 15, 2015. The AEF Scholarship Committee will announce winners on July 15, 2015. More details will be available on the AEF website, and watch for the further announcement on the AEF Forum and ASIFA-Hollywood eblasts.
Best of Luck to everyone who applies!
ASIFA-Hollywood’s Animation Educators Forum