On Sunday, March 9, please join Women in Animation and Animation Breakdown for a very special evening celebrating the work of female animation directors.
First up, an amazing WIA-assembled panel with esteemed directors, and then it’s time for an Animation Breakdown-curated selection of shorts past and present!
Prestigious panelists include Lauren Faust (My Little Pony, The Powerpuff Girls, Wander Over Yonder), Emily Hubley (The Toe Tactic, Hedwig & The Angry Inch, Pigeon Within), Yvette Kaplan (Beavis & Butthead, King of the Hill, Zack & Quack), Lauren Montgomery (Wonder Woman, Green Lantern: First Flight), Rebecca Sugar (Steven Universe, Adventure Time) and Lauren MacMullan (the Oscar-nominated Get A Horse!, The Simpsons). Moderated by director/actor Conrad Vernon (Shrek 2, Monsters vs. Aliens), the discussion covers animation direction across mediums: TV, features, shorts, traditional and digital, inside and out of the studio system.
Films to be screened:
– Pencil Booklings (1978): Kathy Rose’s seminal scribbles brought to life
– Lord I: The Records Keeper (2013): the 10-years-in-the-making short by Lori D.
– Set, Set, Spike! (2002): Emily Hubley’s collage of memory, poetry and volleyball
– Like A Lantern (2013): Lilli Carre’s haunting, wistful cut-outs
– Two Ghosts (2014): new World Premiere by Amy Ketchum
– Northern Ice, Golden Sun (2002): Faith Hubley’s Inuit inspired final film,
– and more!
Then join us on the Cinefamily’s patio for a mixer
The Cinefamily at the Silent Movie Theater
611 N Fairfax Avenue,Los Angeles, CA 90036
Doors open at 6:30 PM
Panel presentation at 7:00 PM
Shorts show at 8:00 PM
Reception to follow
To purchase tickets go to: http://cinefamily.ticketmob.com/show.cfm?id=23977&cart