Become A Member
ASIFA-Hollywood is dedicated to supporting the art of animation through education, expression and recognition of its members.
ASIFA-Hollywood offers forums and events for professional members to develop and exchange ideas and discuss trends. It also provides opportunities for students and fans to interact with professionals and learn about exciting new developments as well as celebrate the pioneers who paved the way.
Become a member and begin enjoying member benefits immediately!
ASIFA-Hollywood membership is available in several levels
- Professional Membership ($150/year): Individual and out of the United States. Pro-level entitles a qualified member to vote and also submit nominees for the Annie Awards (Nominees themselves do not have to be ASIFA members, but their submitters do.) Besides the other benefits of membership, Pros are also entitled to screeners that are sent to them by the studios.
- Corporate Membership is a great way to give an important benefit to your valued employees. Each member, either Pro or Associate, will receive news and information on upcoming events, seminars and screenings throughout the year. Qualified professional members may also vote in the Annie Awards. Corporate members are also recognized throughout the year on our email blasts and website, as well as the annual Annie Award program. Corporate Memberships start at $7,500. In the simplest iteration, this would cover 50 Pro-level memberships at $150 per member. Currently, there are no discounts for members enrolled over the $7,500 threshold, though the discount structure could change this year. It is important to note that a corporate membership can be made up of some Pro and some Associate members. In all cases, the threshold to be listed as a Corporate Member on our websites, eblasts and Annie program book remains $7,500.
- Associate Membership ($45/year): Studio Support and Enthusiasts. This level is designed for aficionados and people in the business who want to be members but do not qualify as production pros (e.g.: legal department, human resources, office management, etc.). Associate members cannot vote in the Annie Awards and cannot submit nominations. Associate members can serve as submission coordinators (ie: organizing paperwork, entry materials, etc.). However, submissions must be signed by a Pro-level member.
- Student Membership ($20/year): Please note the Student terms: (a) Membership covers a one-year period (365 days from sign-up), (b) includes one student award submission per year to the Annie Awards and (c) available to current students of an accredited university animation program (students must submit a current college/university ID with their membership application).
- Patron Membership ($200/year): Professionals Only. Generally, patron memberships are individual rather than corporate. This membership includes all benefits listed under Professional Membership, and the additional support assists ASIFA-Hollywood with its many programs and initiatives.
Please note that once you have a card, it does not expire as long as you have an active membership, even for multiple years. If you reactive your membership, the card that you currently have will become active as well and can be used to events.
Access to temporary cards that you can print out or copy to your smart phone are always available by going to this page and logging in.
Member Benefits as an Individual
So What Does ASIFA-Hollywood Do? If you love animation, you’ll find lots to do as a member. Here are just a few of our ongoing projects and programs.