The Animation Educators Forum Will Be Awarding $34,500 in Scholarships
The Animation Educators Forum (AEF) is proud to announce its 2016-2017 academic year scholarships. This year we will be awarding $34,500 in scholarships.
The AEF is now accepting applications for academic year 2016-17. The application deadline is June 15, 2016. Scholarship awards will be announced after July 15, 2016.
CRITERIA AND AWARDS
Our scholarships are merit-based awards designed to support college students in continuing their education in the field of animation. Awards may range from $2500 to $5000 and be applied to:
- books and supplies,
- animation hardware or software, and/or
- senior or graduate projects.
In addition, all scholarship award winners will receive a 1-year associate membership to ASIFA-Hollywood.
In order to be eligible for the scholarship award, the following criteria must be met:
- Applicants must be undergraduate students entering their second year of study or above. Graduate students at all levels are also invited to apply.
- Applicants must have a grade point average of 2.5 or above.
- Applicants must be attending a college, university or trade program in the field of animation that is accredited by a recognized accrediting agency.
- Applicants must plan to attend the full 2016-17 academic year.
- Upon receipt of the award the applicant must provide proof of registration for Fall 2016.
- All applications must be received by June 15, 2016.
- Applications from international students are welcome.
For more information on the scholarship and the application process, visit the AEF’s official website.
ASIFA-Hollywood’s Animation Educators Forum is dedicated to the preservation and promotion of animation through education. Our growing international membership, with their diverse backgrounds in both the animation and educational fields, are focused on extending their knowledge and experience to others within the worldwide animation community. All who are engaged in this unique form of instruction need not toil alone – we seek to provide a source of new ideas and continue to engage in lively, inspired and valuable discussions going forward!